2018 Summer Program
This summer program is for those wanting to experience Japanese culture, go sightseeing, and have cultural exchange with Japanese people as well as studying Japanese.
3 weeks from July 3rd to 25th.
9:00 - 12:30 (45min ｘ 4 classes), 5 times a week (Mon - Fri)
Activities (9 times on weekdays, 3 times on weekends)
-Need to have turned 18 years of age at the time of the course start.
*Class level students study at first is decided by our placement test
|Visa||Short term stay, Working holiday, Family stay, Spouse of Japanese National, Permanent Resident, etc.|
- Studying at well-matched classes of Japanese skill of each student
- Fullfillment activities experiencing Japanese traditional activities & places
- Convenient location to visit downtown area of Tokyo during free hours
- Completion certificate awarded
- Evaluated as satisfied by 100% of participants in 2017
Details of the Main Activities
- Akamonkai Japanese Conversation Club
Let's practice Japanese conversation with worldwide Akamonkai students and Japanese volunteers.
- Cultural exchange with Japanese students at Izakaya
Experience Japanese popular style restaurant with having a lot of talks with Japanese University students.
- Tokyo Disneyland
Enjoy one of the most popular amusement park in Japan.
- Sushi making
With carefull instruction by Sushi chef, you will make the art of sushi and enjoy eating.
With instruction by Japanese staff, you will experience the good Japanese culture "calligraphy".
- Mt Fuji & Hakone
Visit the Mt Fuji & Hakone area. You can enjoy Lake cruising and Ropeway ride to watch beautiful scenery.
*not climb to the summit of Mt Fuji.
- Samurai Museum
You can see the beauty of samurai spirit which is shown in Japanese swords and their costumes.
Skytree is the highest tower in Japan. You can see the whole Tokyo from the observatory.
- Yukata lesson
Professional kimono dresser will instruct you how to wear Yukata, which you can bring back to your country!
- Nihon Buyo Workshop & Asakusa
Participants will experience Nihon Buyo in yukata using Japanse fan with professional dancers. Asakusa is the center of Tokyo's low city, where an atmosphere of the Tokyo of past decades survives.
Akamonkai Higashiogu Dorm
*There is possibility that student stays at different accomodation.
In this case, any accomodation meets below condition.
-all facilities included
-located near school and station
-program fee is not changed
(If you do not use our dorm, 40,000JPY is subtracted)
- Tuition (includes textbook)
- Dorm fee (includes Bedding set)
- Pickup at Nippori station (only for those using our dorm)
- All activity fees
- Transportation fees (activities, commuter pass from accommodation to school )
- Summer Kimono (Yukata) gift
- Round trip flight ticket to Japan
- Transportation fees from/to airport
- Airport pickup
- Travelers insurance
- Food (except welcome lunch, izakaya, sushi making, Mt fuji tour)
About admission procedure